Reporting Spam Headers - Mozilla Thunderbird
When responding to a spam-related question, SupraNet support will often ask you to forward a copy of the email with full headers. These headers allow us to track the email to its source, and take action to stop or block the source of the messages.
- Double click on the message to open it in a new window. Do not open any attachments to the message.
- Click on View in the menu bar and select Message Source.
- In the window that opens, click on Edit and select Select All.
- Click on Edit and select Copy.
- Close the window.
- If you have been asked for the headers by a support email, reply to that message. Otherwise, click on File > New > Message and address the email to email@example.com.
- Click on the body of the message to position the cursor in it, and select Edit > Paste to insert the full text of the unwanted email into your message.
- Click Send in the toolbar to finish.