Reporting Spam Headers - Microsoft Outlook 2003
When responding to a spam-related question, SupraNet support will often ask you to forward a copy of the email with full headers. These headers allow us to track the email to its source, and take action to stop or block the source of the messages.
Microsoft Outlook 2003
- Double click on the message to open it in a new window. Do not open any attachments to the message.
- In the menu bar, click on View and Options...
- At the bottom of the resulting window, there is a text box named Internet headers. Click on the text on the inside of the box. Press Ctrl+A to select all, then Ctrl+C to copy.
- Close the Message Options window.
- If SupraNet support has asked you to send the headers, please reply to that message. Otherwise, click on File > New > Mail Message and address the email to email@example.com.
- In the body of the message, press Ctrl+V to paste the headers.
- Click Send in the toolbar to finish.