These directions are written for K9Mail 4.0. Newer versions should be very similar. You can download the K9Mail client free from the Google Play Store. If you are on your mobile device, please click here.
To add a new mail account:
- After starting up K9Mail for the first time you will see the following screen.
- Click Next and enter your details on the following screen. When complete, click Manual setup.
- Select POP3 or IMAP on the following screen. If you will be checking mail on another computer as well, we recommend using IMAP on your handheld device.
- Enter Incoming server settings as shown below. Username should be your full email address, and the password should be your normal e-mail account password. Touch Next.
- Enter Outgoing server settings as shown below. Again, username should be your full email address. Touch Next.
- On the Account options page, the default settings are generally okay. If you're using IMAP you can safely leave Folder poll frequency as Never because the server will remotely contact your phone to notify it of new messages. You may want to change the number of messages it displays in each folder. Touch Next.
- Finally, you can enter an optional account name. It will default to the email address if you leave it empty. Don't forget to type in your name which will be used on all outgoing messages. Touch Done.
- That's it! Your new SupraNet email account is set up. If you received errors during your setup, or if your new mail account doesn't work, please call us at 608.836.0282.
Changing Outgoing Signature
- To change your outgoing signature, navigate to the Accounts screen as shown below.
- Long press on your account and then choose Account settings.
- Choose Sending mail on the following screen.
- And now choose Composition defaults.
- Finally, you can set your signature for this account as well as change the outgoing name if needed.